Lint in a dryer is being blamed for a fire that has displaced a Barnwell family.
Firefighters from the Barnwell Rural, Hilda and Long Branch fire departments responded to 157 Freedom Road for a mobile home fire on Sunday, Sept. 17 around 11 a.m.
Barnwell Rural Fire Chief Jessie Elmore said the dryer had been left running while the family was away. The fire started due to lint in the dryer vent. Fire shot out the vent and spread up the outer wall where it caught the siding on fire and spread to the attic through the eaves, he said.