Fire destroys Snelling home

First Byline: 
Will Whaley - Staff Writer

A house was completely destroyed in Snelling last Wednesday, August 6, after an early morning fire.
Around 4 a.m., Snelling and Barnwell Rural districts responded to a house fire on Cherry Road in Snelling.
Nobody was home when the fire occurred and nobody was injured.
The cause of the fire was determined to be electrical, according to the fire chief.
"They had been having problems with their air conditioning," said Snelling Fire Chief Bobby Morris. "The fire was already down by the time we got there."
According to Morris, the family's name was Chavis and they "lost everything."