Organization VP asks public to ‘DIG deep’
Over the last three-plus years DIG has tried to bring positivity, education, and fun to the community through active engagement through activities such as:
• Professional mentoring - THE ORIGINALS!
• Summer camps - Hi DREAMERS!
• STEM competitions – OUR FUTURE ENGINEERS!
• DIG STEM festival – VOLUNTEERS YOU MADE THIS HAPPEN!
• Community cleanup days – GET THOSE TRASH BAGS READY!
• Sports tournaments – BENGAY DAYS!
• Field Trips – LEARNING AND HAVING FUN, WHO KNEW?
• Job Shadowing – A GLIMPSE OF WHAT’S POSSIBLE!
• And much more is coming…
While we can see the positive effect these programs are having on the community, we still need your support. And providing support doesn’t always have to mean making a donation. It could be as simple as liking a social media post, attending an event, or volunteering for an event. Bottom line…we need YOU to engage! DIG is YOURS and it will only be as good as you make it.
• Every participant of the DIG mentoring program has gone on to enroll in college
• Our programs do not exclude anyone
• DIG STEM Festival is 1 of only 3 STEM festivals in the entire state of SC (Greenville, Charleston, and Williston...WOW!)
• Programs are provided at minimal or no cost
• Education programs are offered with structured curriculum and project-based learning scenarios; there is a method to our madness!
• Our summer education program is the only STEM summer program offered in the area and at a very minimal cost compared to similar programs offered throughout the state.
DIG is still growing and we’re learning everyday so we always welcome constructive feedback. Tell us when we miss the mark; tell us how we can get better.
But, most importantly, become a part of the solution. As a community we need to pull together, and we hope DIG can be a way for everyone to do just that!
We take pride in ensuring DIG’s youth feel like they have people who care and understand the unique challenges they face.
Let’s keep this going together! None of this is possible without you actively engaging and lending your ENERGY!
Dreams, Imagination, Gifts